Matthias Kellermann wrote:
Hi list,

I'm trying to get outgoing FTP sessions to work with pf and
ftp/ftp-proxy in a NAT environment.

My simple config on a test machine looks like this:
int_if = "rl0"
localnet = "192.168.0.0/24"
tcp_services = "{ ssh, domain, www, https, ftp }"
udp_services = "{ domain }"

nat on $int_if from $localnet to any -> ($int_if)

rdr pass proto tcp from any to any port ftp -> 127.0.0.1 port 8021

block all

pass from $localnet to any keep state
pass proto udp to any port $udp_services keep state

pass out proto tcp to any port $tcp_services keep state

pass in proto tcp from any to any user proxy keep state
pass in proto tcp from any to any port ssh keep state

FTP login works fine. But if I want to do a "ls" on the FTP server I get
the following error on the client (no matter if NAT client or gateway):

425 Failed to establish connection.

Any idea whats wrong with my setup?

Thanks,
Matthias

Aloha Matthias,

I am having the same ftp problem on servers that are on an ATM 5 IP circuit. There is no NAT involved with one of these. The outbound FTP goes out but I cant get the files to list when I go inbound from outside on an recognized IP.
SSH on the same box works fine.
It would make my day to get this working.

 + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org + [EMAIL PROTECTED] +
 + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* +