> Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:52:26 +0100
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: what happened to linuxflashplugin?
>

>>> this is just example of crap-design,
>>
>> I agree. Although I don't think everybody will.
>
> i don't care what others think.
>
>>> and i simply don't view them..
>>
>> I'm afraid it's not that simple. Counterexample:
>>
>> When I was shopping for a new parachute rig, one of the manufacturers I was
>> interested in turned out to have a Flash-only website. I could of course
>> have decided not to buy there because their website sucks, but when it
>> comes to equipment that's supposed to be going to save my life hundreds of
>> times I'd much rather base the decision on the quality of the product than
>> on the technical soundness of a website, thank you :-)
>
> in case of things that has very few producers you are unfortunately true.
> in every other, narrowing the offer to half won't be disastrous, and those
> who made flash-only website will lose few% of potential clients.
>
> with well designed website (i don't mean it can't have flash, but it must
> be usable without) everybody will read.
>
> and making all-compatible site isn't difficult. it's very easy

And I agree wholeheartedly with both sentiments here. I design sites which I
hope will reach 98% of the web, including disability access, and will be at
least readable to browser that might not display content correctly. I think its
a sham how a lot of web design companies- particularly here in Australia- who
take the "easy" way out and design poorly based on statistics and familiar
tools.

For reference any web designers out there: IE is not the number one browser
these days, and is losing ground because IE7 sucks (numerous bugs, including
problems with interoperability with MSN Messenger!). Firefox is growing as is
OSS. So start changing guys! Adobe would do well to take note too....

What also can't understand is why web designers can't make better use of the
tools available on the servers themselves- they seem to be stuck on simple LAMP
or whatever, and can't get around to using the other cool modules offered by
apache to reduce load on the server and speed up response. It is a complete
system after all.

Apologies for my rant, but trying to convince a customer on this is hard as
well  :)

Overpaid or Underpaid? Check our comprehensive Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fcontent%2Emycareer%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%3Fs%5Fcid%3D595810&_t=766724125&_r=Hotmail_Email_Tagline_MyCareer_Oct07&_m=EXT_______________________________________________