I just setup my new Epson C62 printer, works great on my freebsd box.
I am using samba to share it with the rest of the family pc's. They
see it in network neighborhood, connect,  install the drivers, all fine.
but the test page won't print. Nothing appears in the queue with
lpc stat all. In the samba log I get the following error -

printing/print_cups.c:cups_queue_get(731)
  Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost - Connection refused

As I mentioned, I'm using samba, so why am I getting cups errors? How
do I disable cups,  it's not a running process that I can find.
--
Chip