To my fellow C nerds,

        It's been a  great manny years since I wrote this appended
        snippet.  Now I can't remember why (of if ) I need all the
        strcpy() calls.   Is there a simpler, more logical way of
        printing a bunch of string by snipping off the left-most?

        In short,, can anyone 'splain why strtok needs all this?

        tia,

        gary

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>

main()
{
  char *bp, buf[512], *tok, tstr[512];
  static char *delim=" ", s1[256]="abc def ghi jkl mno.";

  bp = strcpy(buf, tstr);
  strcpy(bp, s1); /* bp filled with writable mem works like this, too */
  while ((tok = strtok(bp, delim)) != NULL)
  {
    bp = NULL;
    printf("tok = [%s]\n", tok);
  }