Mel wrote:
On Friday 22 February 2008 04:26:12 Forrest Aldrich wrote:
Mel wrote:
Your extensions.ini has duplicate and non-existing modules. Start here:

mv /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini.bkp
sort -u /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini.bkp |while read MOD; do
 if test -f /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/${MOD##extension=}; then
    echo $MOD
 fi
done >/usr/local/etc/extensions.ini
php -v
I've done this and still have a problem with PHP5 dumping core:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /usr/ports/lang/php5]# php -v

PHP 5.2.5 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.2 (cli) (built: Feb 21 2008 21:51:01)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
   with eAccelerator v0.9.5.2, Copyright (c) 2004-2006 eAccelerator, by
eAccelerator
   with Suhosin v0.9.18, Copyright (c) 2002-2006, by Hardened-PHP Project
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

I tried compiling this without eAccelerator, got the same problem.  I'm now
trying it without the Suhosin enhancements to see if that's the problem -
sent a copy of this to the PHP5 port maintainer.

Sorry, the internet is global and my pumpkin time was up.

Suhosin isn't the problem.
What the above did is make sure you have no non-existing modules loading and no modules twice. But the sort order was alphabetic and that's why it still dumps core. Some modules depend on eachother and one needs to be loaded before the other or it goes to hell. Nothing else you can do then figure out the correct order. Experience teaches spl, session and mysqli are common culprits.

spl before sqlite before pdo_sqlite before session before mysqli before xmlreader

*usually* works.
I tried this and still having core dumps.

This seems like an odd problem that the PHP folk might need to solve somehow.

There must be a way to use the php.core file to determine what's causing it to crash... not something I've had much experience with. If I can determine where it's crashing, then I can have a better sense of what needs to be re-ordered.

I noticed over time as I upgraded php modules that it did put in duplicate entries... seems like a bug.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it ;-)

Forrest