At 07:04 AM 2/26/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I would like to reformat and start over, but I don´t know how. As I wrote earlier, I keep getting the below-mentioned loop. How do I just reformat the disk? Also, concerning BIOS, not the problem, since I successfully installed earlier.

beno

If you want to re-format the drive, download a CD image from the drive manufacturer's website. Most manufacturer's have bootable CD images that include utilities to test and format their drives.

        -Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Ragona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Sent: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 8:32 pm
Subject: Re: My Rebuild Problem

At 09:14 AM 2/23/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:Â
>Now I get this when I try and log on:Â
>no /boot/loaderÂ
>All I want to do is rebuild the silly FBSD! Again, I fell into this silly >loop when I tried to rebuild:Â
>-- Select DriveÂ
>-- FDISK Partition Editor ("Q")Â
>-- Install Boot ManagerÂ
>and it just goes round, and round, and round. Can I just wipe the disk and >start over? And why these strange problems? I´m not connected to the >Internet, so no possibility of virus. Never had this problem before.Â
>Help!Â
>TonyÂ
Tony,Â
You don't mention what version you installing.Â
Be sure your BIOS is not set to not allow boot sector writes. Some BIOS have this set to thwart boot sector viruses.Â
A few things you can try:Â
You can boot FreeDOS and run booteasy from the tools folder on the FreeBSD install CD to install the boot-manager. Boot the FreeBSD install CD and use the emergency shell to check the hard drive for the correct creation of the folders and kernel.Â
If all else fails you can reformat and start over.Â
  -DerekÂ
-- This message has been scanned for viruses andÂ
dangerous content by MailScanner, and isÂ
believed to be clean.Â

believed to be clean.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 2902 (20080226) __________

http://www.eset.com