Maxim Khitrov wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Rudi Kramer - MWEB wrote:
 > I did some digging and found it on the main ftp server:
 > ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/7.0/
 >
 > Rudi

 People always try to get the jump on the official release announcement,
 but don't consider that until the email arrives in your mailbox saying
 it is released then the ISO images etc are subject to last minute change
 without notice.  Use at your own risk :)

 Kris

Just curious - is there a reason why the generic kernel is still being
built with debug symbols? I thought that was only used during the
pre-release phase.

WITNESS and INVARIANTS are enabled before the pre-release phase (i.e before -BETA) - as far as I know debug symbols are always generated by default, and are dumped into /boot/kernel as separate files. They don't hurt performance (unlike witness and invariants) and are useful in a
few situations, one of which is if you ever get a panic.

--
Bruce