Marco Beishuizen wrote:
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting things printed in Gnome. CUPS is installed and printing a test from localhost:631 is working fine. In the gnome-cups-
manager the printer is showing.
But when I try to print a test from the gnome-cups-manager I get a message that it's printed and the led on the printer flickers, but nothing is coming out.
Because by default it prints to PostScript file not a real printer.
Even when the cups logfile is saying the print has succeeded. Also It's impossible to print from any application (Gnome or not), the printer is not showing, or when trying to print to /usr/local/bin/lpr nothing happens.

You have to adjust the preferences. By default most applications will print to Post Script file.
You have to put something like lpr or to change default printer.

Try to print a PostScript file from the shell with

$lpr -Pprintername filename.ps

Has someone an idea what to do next?

Thanks in advance,

Marco