Dave wrote:
Hello,
I've got a 6.2 or 3 box that i'm wanting to update to 7.0. I've cvsupped my source, made world, and built a kernel, all went successfully. This is the GENERIC kernel. When i do a make installkernel i am getting the error

kldxref: file isn't dynamically linked

   Is this a show stopping error/ if so is there a workaround?

This is harmless and can be ignored.  It's caused by 6.x utilities
trying to operate on a 7.0 kernel and its loadable modules, which
doesn't work. Just proceed with the next steps in the upgrade procedure and it will all work fine.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW