On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Johan Hendriks wrote:

Squid is a forward proxy whereas varnish is just a reverse proxy

So you can not use it for for lan to wan proxy!

Thanks for the enlightenment. My understanding is that Squid can do both forward and reverse proxy. At least it it would seem so since that's the way I'm using it. I did not know that varnish cannot be used as a forward proxy though. As I said before, varnish is on my list of things to investigate since it seems to have a much more modern design than squid.

-- Chris