On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, White Hat wrote:

I have tried using the following command with negative results.

     ssh -L 5902:localhost:5901 scorpio

That produces this error message:

     Permission denied (publickey).

I found a reference to this command at:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/attarchive/vnc/sshvnc.html

I cannot figure out how to correct whatever the problem is. I am attempting to connect to a FreeBSD-6.3 machine running 'TightVNC' from a WinXP machine. The connection works fine using a regular connection; however, I would prefer to use 'ssh' and limit the port to localhost for security.

Thanks!

--
White Hat
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Can you use putty or the like and ssh into scorpio without a prompt? If not then you just need to key up ssh to allow login via ssh-add.