Nikolaj Thygesen wrote:
Hi list,

In order to tighten up my fbsd installation I decided to try out pkg_cutleaves. I wasn't really too worried, as I figured I could always run portupgrade if I removed one package too many - and so I did it appears. Portupgrade doesn't bring anything back though. I've tried running pkgdb with a number of different parameters including -L and -F, but nothing really does me any good. What can I do to make ports/packages realize I'm in need of a few more packages?? The particular symptom isn't too bad though. The background of my Gnome desktop doesn't respond to mouse clicks, and my wallpaper is gone, but still...

You will have to reinstall whatever packages you mistakenly removed. Once they are removed, they are gone for good. If you removed parts of GNOME, try reinstalling the x11/gnome2 port.

Kris