People   : I want to bu a laptop , for the time being I can't go for a high end
machine like hp8510b or like those

But I found in internet , about IBM  Thinkpad T40   Reconditioned :

So I want  people's valuable advice on Reconditioned machine ;is it safe to
have this machine , I want to use FreeBSD on this machine , what about the
reliability of Reconditioned machines ?: your advices may help me to take a
good decision on my purchase.

thanks in advance
dhanesh