Could anyone tell me how to configure my kernel for sparc64
to get the hi-res framebuffer console similar to what I do on i386
and get rid of the huge font sparc console?

I know my hardware has the capability because linux has been
able to do it in the past.  Video card is ati mach64 (standard vga
connector), not a cg-6 or cg-3 like some sparcs.

On i386, this is done using SC_PIXEL_MODE and loading the
vesa module, but this doesn't seem to work on my Ultra-5 sparc.

Thanks....