After a week of trying to resolve these issues, I want to ask if anyone has had luck getting this lot to compile correctly. I am looking to get scanlogd compiled with libnids. This is the last error I get:

cc -shared .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-helper.o .libs/libgiofam_la-fam-module.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamdirectorymonitor.o .libs/libgiofam_la-gfamfilemonitor.o -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libintl.so -lgio-2.0 /usr/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libglib-2.0.so /usr/local/lib/libfam.so -march=pentium4 -Wl,-soname -Wl,libgiofam.so -Wl,-retain-symbols-file -Wl,.libs/libgiofam.exp -o .libs/libgiofam.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgio-2.0
gmake: *** [libgiofam.la] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gio-fam-backend.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/libnids.
*** Error code 1

I tried installing binary packages from ftp.freebsd.org (not my preferred method) - but it doesn't link even against the binary libnids, tons of errors.

This is on a recently updated FreeBSD_7.0 system - two different systems (different configs) have the same problems above.

I'd appreciate any pointers - or just info that these are known errors.

Thanks....