Hi all.  I'm trying to create a ~9TB partition on a new file server.
I thought FreeBSD now supported this (I'm on 7.0), but I can't figure
it out.  I go into sysinstall, create the partition in fdisk using "A
= Use Entire Disk), write it to disk, exit sysinstall and re-run
it...and sysinstall doesn't show what it showed before I exited last
time.

Can someone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong here?

The filesystem (UFS2) supports disks larger than 2TB, but fdisk(8) and
bsdlabel(8) (which are what sysinstall uses to partition the disk) do not
support disks larger than 2TB due to limitations in the on-disk format they
use.

You will need to use gpt(8) instead to partition your disk.

or don't partition at all

This cannot be done from sysinstall and you normally cannot boot from
a gpt(8)-partitioned disk due to lack of support in the BIOS of most PC.

or use old disk, pendrive, DVD-ROM etc. for booting