On Tuesday 08 April 2008 21:32:45 Jerry McAllister wrote:
On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 11:42:41AM -0700, Chris Maness wrote:
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Chuck Swiger wrote:
On Apr 8, 2008, at 10:50 AM, Chris Maness wrote:
How is this header look?  I am not quite sure of what I am looking for.

That seems to be fine.  If it was corrupted, you'd see a line or a few
lines of obvious binary garbage...

--
-Chuck

It does seem like something something is corrupt.  What can I do to reset
everything and restore everything so that thunderbird can read my inbox
again.  I have contempalted deleting the user, but I'm not sure if that
will delete what ever is corrupted.

Very often it is only one character out of place.   Each header should
start with  'From' in the beginning of a line

Since you mention one character, it should actually be starting with 'From '
and any line that starts with 'From ' that is not the start of a mail should
be changed to '>From ' before ending up in the mbox file.

This test weeds it out, allthough there's still room for false positives,
easily resolved by the human brain:
grep '^From ' /var/mail/myloginname |grep -v '200[78]$'
--
Mel

   and never get to the software part.

Actually, the mail that is in /var/mail/chris gets moved to /home/chris/mbox

Before it gets moved, it does not have this placeholder header. It only has the headers of e-mail sent since the last time mail was checked and moved to the mbox file.

Also, none of headers in the mbox have the chicken lips ">" not even the first one that I posted.

Wouldn't these issues be rectified if I deleted the mbox file and started from scratch?