Steve Franks wrote:
On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Predrag Punosevac
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Chad Perrin wrote:

My area (northern Colorado) has an excellent Linux Users Group (NCLUG).
There's a great bunch of guys there.  Unfortunately, they're very
Linux-centric.  I'm kinda the resident BSD Unix heretic -- which is fine
most of the time, but once in a while I'd like to be able to discuss
stuff with people who primarily use BSD Unix systems instead of
Linux-based systems.

Unfortunately, there isn't a single Colorado BSD Users Group in Colorado
that I can find.  The closest I've been able to find mention of online at
all is Laramie, Wyoming -- LWFUG, or "Laramie, Wyoming Freenix Users
Group".  Their website seems to have become a domain squatter's portal
site, though.

So . . . does anyone here have any suggestions for how I might go about
finding BSD Unix users somewhat local to me?  Since there isn't a group
already that I can find, I wonder if there are enough people interested
in such a thing in this area to build a users group.  Any suggestions for
how to go about finding fellow BSD Unix users in my area would be
appreciated, I'm sure.

 I would put an add in the local newspaper and ask if there are any BSD
users around.
 That is exactly how the Tucson Free Unix Group started  a  decade  ago.
 Unfortunately since then  TFUG  has  become  increasingly dominated by
Linux users and Windows converts
 (who maybe run Ubuntu on a small partition or via VMware).

 As in your case that was fine for a while but at some point it became
increasingly difficult for both sides to tolerate
 each other so I voluntarily  sized  all my  activity  in  the  group.  The
timing coincide with my decision to switch to OpenBSD:-) I  do know  of  two
other BSD users on TFUG (one NetBSD and another younger member is using
FreeBSD) as well as few Solaris users  but I didn't stay in touch with them.

 Cheers,
 Predrag

 P. S. There is a very strong local BSD group in Phoenix but they are much
to far away from Tucson that I could participate in their activity.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

I'm a Tucson FBSD user!  We should meet at the safehouse or similar sometime!

Steve

I am all for it. Just contact me of the list whenever you have time to meet with me and we will figure out something.

Best,
Predrag