Hi folks,
   Yesterday disaster struck after I wanted to remove Gnome and issued
   the following command:
pkg_deinstall -R x11/gnome* -x evolution
I went to sleep and when I woke up I rebooted and got the login
screen iso my normal graphical GDM. I logged in as I normally do
 and thought I was logged in because I saw a line saying I had
mail, but then the line below that one said:
/usr/local/bin/bash was not found.
As root I coudn't login as well, so I sat a while looking at my
screen and looking for options.
I grapped a netbsd 4.0 live cd and booted but now I need some
help how to proceed.
I wanted to use netbsd to mount my ffs harddrive and change
 the /etc/passwd file to /bin/sh
Then I would be able to see the damage.
However, I don't know how the mount_ffs on Netbsd because
 that
 OS is obviously using a different /dev naming scheme because I
 excpected it to be something like /dev/ad*.
Does anyone happen to know the right command? Or should I head on to the
Netbsd mailinglist?
And if someone knows what created this mess, let me know as well.
And if you happen to know other options, don hesitate to react as
well.
I also have some suse and ubuntu live-cd's but didn't use them because
I don't know how well they support ffs.
Thanks in advanced,
Dino
Thanks in advanced

   Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.
   [1]Try it now.