Is it possible to mount drives on an Active Directory 2003 domain?  I've
been doing some testing, and I had no problem mounting the netlogon share,
but I get an authentication error when I try to mount other drives.  (I've
altered the hostnames in the examples below.)

# mount_smbfs -I domain-controller.utdallas.edu
//[EMAIL PROTECTED]/netlogon /mnt/hdrive/
Password:

An ls of the mount directory shows the files one would expect to find in our
netlogon share.

# mount_smbfs -I file-server.utdallas.edu //[EMAIL PROTECTED]/users$/pauls
/mnt/hdrive/
Password:
mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Authentication error

I know that the netlogon share doesn't require a logon, but I wonder if the
problem isn't that the other mounts require encryption?

Is anyone successfully mounting AD 2003 shares on FreeBSD?

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Senior Information Security Analyst
University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/