Hi list,

I operate a FreeBSD server with a 300GB Raid. This morning i had to hard reset it and when booting, fsck took some 20 minutes.
Most partitions, especially the large ones are mounted with soft-updates.

Also, some weeks ago, we had missing files after a crash/fsck.
My collegues ask me why i don't use a journalling file system, but FreeBSD doesn't seem to provide any.

Is there any way to speed up the fsck? 20 minutes really is too long!

I use 4.6.2-RELEASE

Kind regards,
--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax : -3341