Paul Schmehl wrote:
--On Tuesday, April 22, 2008 15:42:47 +0000 Sébastien Morand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the answer, I'm sorry for the little information I send.

FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE kernel GENERIC on i386.
I don't see anything in the message, but I'm not sure where to look at
for crashdump.

My computer is either hanging up for ever, I can't move mouse or use
keyboard anymore, juste reset, or hang up a few seconds and reboot by
it self.

Please don't top post.

I too am having a problem with umass on 7.0-STABLE. Not quite the same as yours, but similar. During reboots, the umass device cases the kernel to core dump and the system reboots. If I unplug the drive and wait for the system to come up to a login prompt, I can login, plug in the drive, watch it's detection and then mount it with no problem.

Dont' know what the problem is, but other problems with umass have been reported on the STABLE list as well. I've recompiled my kernel six times now. The umass device has gone from unmountable to stable in the OS but still fails during boot.

Aloha,
FWIW:

I have had several FreeBSD boxes from 4.11 to 7* that wont boot with the usb device in the slot, but work just fine if you boot first than insert the usb device. In my case the device is a flash/thumb drive for backing up files.

I never figured out why so I just leave them unpluged during a reboot.

Maybe it tries to boot from the usb drive which is not bootable so it just hangs in my case.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
  < email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] >