Gerard wrote:

I have done something similar to that myself. Go to the linksys site
and download the latest available driver for your card. Then visit:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/config-network-setup.html

and follow the directions there.

I found the direction at 11.8.1 helpful, and was able to use /ndisgen/
and /kldload/ to bring up the card. (Yea!)

Now I need to configure it - I'm printing out 29.3 now.  But I can't
get the interface to be brought up at boot, a la:

----

You can configure the system to load the NDIS modules at boot time in the same way as with any other module. First, copy the generated module, W32DRIVER.ko, to the /boot/modules directory. Then, add the following line to /boot/loader.conf:

W32DRIVER_load="YES"

   ----

but I can bring it up manually from the modules directory.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks.