Greg Himes wrote:

Hello All,

Last week, one half of my dual port Qlogic fibre channel interface
started causing a page fault panic while probing the second port at boot time.
I was able to get the system back up by disabling the BIOS on the
second port.  The system still sees the 2nd port, but politely
displays a few errors, then continues on.

This all started after I powered the system down for maintenance.
System is running FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE i386

What is the proper way to help debug this problem?

See the developers handbook.

Kris

P.S. And don't do this, you're crippling your network:

WARNING: MPSAFE network stack disabled, expect reduced performance.