Matthew Seaman wrote:
kevin kempter wrote:
Hi List;

I'm fairly new to freeBSD, but a long time Linux biggot. I installed freeBSD7, then I installed PHP like this:

# cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
# make config
# make install

Next I installed PostgreSQL and pgFouine

However when I run pgfouine to generate a log report I get this error:

$ php ./pgfouine.php -file $PGDATA/pg_log/postgresql-31.log > rept.html
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_replace() in /usr/local/pgsql/pgfouine/include/reporting/geshi/geshi.php on line 474

preg_replace() I believe is a PHP built-in, anyone know how to correct this, or have thoughts on what I may be doing wrong. Maybe I've missed some sort of config step?

You need to install the PCRE module:

  # cd /usr/ports/devel/php5-pcre
  # make install

and similarly for all of the other PHP modules you will undoubtedly
find yourself needing.

A quicker way of doing this is
cd /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
make config
then choose what extensions you need, and then
make install clean

Vince

    Cheers,

    Matthew