Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
Hi

What is /usr/local/bin/gsc ?

I run FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE #2 on compaq armada laptop.

When I send a job for printing I see gsc process running:

  PID USERNAME    THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU COMMAND
[skip]
99954 daemon        1 117    0 27244K 19000K RUN      0:05 30.08% gsc

% which gsc
/usr/local/bin/gsc
%

First, check if there's manpage with description for gsc :-) You can also check which package installed that file:
pkg_info -W /usr/local/bin/gsc
(and as you mentioned printing, I'd think it was installed by ghostscript package) and follow the URL in pkg-descr.

However, I cannot find any info on gsc.
The latest I've found is from 5.2-release,
some gsc(4) -- a device driver for a handy scanner.
I doubt this is it.

Could somebody tell me what gsc is and what it does.
many thanks
anton

HTH,
Yuri