on Monday 02 June 2008Monday 02 June 2008 Gerard Gerard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:30:03 -0500
> Derek Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Fun so Flash7 is "obsolete", Gnash is half and half, and flash9 is a
> > lost cause :p should be interesting what happens when silverlight
> > comes out and all websites start using it :(
>
> Silverlight is all ready out. I don't know how wide spread its use is
> though. I did see something about Microsoft tweaking it so that it was
> compatible with Firefox.
>
> OT; however, there is a notice from CERTS regarding Microsoft and
> Apple's Safari:
>
> http://www.us-cert.gov/current/index.html#microsoft_releases_security_advis
>ory1
>
> and
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/953818.mspx
>
> Lately Apple has been getting hit rather hard with security problems.

I heard a rumor Microsoft was planning to create a linux version of
silverlight, I also heard a rumor that silverlight could overcome flash
alltogether. Yeah I have heard the same, I listen to MacBreek Weekly podcast
and hear all about it on there :)

Sincerely,
Derek A. Graham