At 03:23 p.m. 06/06/2008, you wrote:
I'm running FreeBSD 6.3-release as a guest on VMware ESX 3.0.2. My problem is that the clock keeps *gaining* time. I have the "timesync" option turned on in ESX's .vmx file, and I have "hint.apic.0.disabled=1" in my FreeBSD guest's /boot/loader.conf.

I used to have "kern.hz=100" in loader.conf, but that caused the guest to gain time even faster.

Does anyone have a good recipe for decent timekeeping in this config?

Thanks.

Hello all.

Here is something similar. Running 6.2 stable... but the clock lose around 6 hours each day

JB