On 10-Jun-08, at 1:47 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:

I've been sent a vCalendar file via email.  I use mutt as my mail user
agent, and am not terribly interested in switching to mail/claws-mail
just so I can read this vCalendar file (generated in MS Outlook).

Is there some command line tool that will create a readable text file
from this, a Mutt extension that can handle it, or anything along those
lines, in Ports?  What are my options, besides just deleting all the
vCalendar markup cruft by hand (or writing a script to do it for me)?

If you just need to read it, then open it up in a text editor. vCalendar / iCalendar markup is pretty simple. Virtually any calendaring app should be able to read the file, including Mozilla Sunbird, Evolution, Kontact, and so on. There are also web calendars such as Webcalendar in ports, or you could just use Google Calendar.

If the sender is expecting a vCal file back to confirm / deny the appointment, then you'll need to make sure that you send back a valid file.

--Andrew