Steve Lake wrote:
Hi all. Ok, I'm curious of something. I've done torrents before via the graphical interface before, but I want to setup a way to download isos and various FOSS apps via bittorrent, but I want to do it via the console so I can start a torrent in screen and then walk away, allowing my server to finish the work without having to leave my main workstation running to do the work like I normally do. I'm using bittornado right now, and if there's a way to do this, I'd love to know how.
At least on Debian, the bittornado port includes the curses interface. It was called 'btdownload.curses' I think. It's possible it is all ready installed or is available via ports.

Another possibility is to run a GUI client in a VNC session. I do this with Azureus and am quite pleased with it.

--Andrew