Warren Liddell wrote:
I was asking you to try k3b because internally it uses these commands to
write. I don't currently have it installed (I am not really a KDE user,
and I write most stuff from the command line anyway) but I think you
probably have a permission problem of some kind.

- Do you have the suid flag on cdrecord and cdrdao?
-rwsrwsrwt   1 root  wheel     406368 Jun 28 21:53 cdrecord
-rwsrwsrwt   1 root  wheel     603920 Jun 24 23:21 cdrdao

- Do you have the fstab line suggested by 'showinfo' ?
fstab has.....
/dev/cd0                /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

- Do you have the permissions in devfs.conf ?
only things set in there are..
perm xpt0 0666
perm pass0 0666

Example:
if you can run cdrecord --scanbus as root, but you do not get the same
result running it as a normal user, you do not have cdrecord installed
as suid root. Then the scan for devices in k3b will probably fail.

i get the same output if i use it from root or user. And i just burnt a DVD ISO find using the 1st cmnd line u gave.

Since you successfully burnt from the command line, I would go through the checklist in showinfo.
For example:

3b. - For every user who should be able to use k3b and for every CD or DVD
     device add a directory in the users home directory. These directories
     must be owned by the corresponding user. For each such directory add a
     line in /etc/fstab (see remark 2), like:
       /dev/cd0c  /usr/home/XXX/cdrom  cd9660  ro,noauto,nodev,nosuid  0  0
     Furthermore allow user mounts as described in topic 9.22 of the FAQ:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/disks.html#USER-FLOPPYMOUNT

seems you missed this!
Sorry I can't really help you further, I've done all this once and it worked ok, but I don't currently have k3b installed on any of my systems so I can't give you more specific pointers.