Michel Talon wrote:
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 07:53:00PM +0200, Kris Kennaway wrote:
Yep, it could be that -- what confuses me though is that it is claimed that performance suddenly regressed. If so then this cannot be the underlying cause.

It may be that the load has augmented to the point that contention
imposes a rapid regression on throughput.

Yes, it could be that. I don't know off-hand whether multiple threads are counted separately by vmstat (at a guess I'd say no), but ps/top/etc should show how many are active in the python process.

Kris