At 2008-07-11T02:18:21-07:00, Unga wrote:

> [/usr/bin/app2/]
> libXXX.so               /usr/local/lib/libXXX.so
>
> Now when run app2 it does not say anymore "undefined references" but
> it says "Shared object "/usr/local/lib/libXXX.so" not found"
>
> ls -l /usr/local/lib/libXXX.so shows its there.
>
> Is /etc/libmap.conf specification correct?

In all the examples I've seen, the "mapping" entries in
libmap.conf(5), i.e., the ones in the second column, are relative to
the search path for libraries.  Further, it is better to use only the
basename of the executable in the constraint of the mapping --- the
part enclosed by square brackets.  So, the following may work:

  cd /usr/local/lib && ln -s libXXX.so libFOO.so

to distinguish it from the one in `/usr/lib', which directory comes
earlier in the search path.  Then, append these two lines to
`/etc/libmap.conf':

[app2]
libXXX.so                       libFOO.so

HTH,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.retrotexts.net/