Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2003-02-16 09:30, Walter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I want to allow an anonymous FTP user to see a directory in another
slice, so I put a symbolic link to it.  But then anyone could access
my entire file system by appending combinations of "../" to a path
name; e.g. "ls share/../".  Is there a way to stop this by only
allowing access to the linked directory and nothing more?
Symlinks in anonymous FTP don't work, since anonymous ftp sessions are
chrooted in the home directory of the `ftp' user.  You should probably
move the files in ~ftp/stuff and then symlink to ~ftp/stuff from other
parts of your tree.
The /var slice does not have enough space to hold
these files.  So it sounds like I need to find
another solution (like move in another HD).  Thanks.

Walter