mikeco wrote:
I've tried mounting it as nfs rather than nfs4, but it just scrolls an error
until I send a break:
mount -t nfs cnfs:/export /nfs
[udp] cnfs:/export: NFSPROC_NULL: RPC: Timed out

That says the server is failing to respond to the client's mount request. You could try TCP mounts in case they are less broken on the server side. They are recommended anyway.

Kris

An rpcinfo of the NFS server shows that it should support versions 2-4:
$ rpcinfo -p cnfs | grep nfs
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100227    2   udp   2049  nfs_acl
    100227    3   udp   2049  nfs_acl
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    4   tcp   2049  nfs
    100227    2   tcp   2049  nfs_acl
    100227    3   tcp   2049  nfs_acl

I don't mind what version of NFS I end up using, so long as users are able
to access the share properly.

I'll also take a look at fs.

-Mike

Kris Kennaway-3 wrote:
mikeco wrote:
I have mounted an NFS4 filesystem shared by a Solaris 10 cluster
environment
and am able to browse all of the files, but I cannot touch anything on
the
filesystem because of all of the user and group permissions being off. Here's my fstab entry:

cnfs:/export      /nfs    nfs4     rw

When I first umount and mount the filesystem, permissions seem to be
working
properly.  Users in our NIS environment have their home directories on
/nfs
and, for example, are able to create files in their homes.  Once I try to
touch a file in a directory other than my home, I get a "Permission
denied"
error and I am no longer able to even touch files in my own home
directory.

Is there a way that I can get permissions to show up correctly?

Thank you,
-Mike
(trimmed)try NFSv3 or the new implementation recently posted to fs@

Kris