On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:44:55 +0200 (CEST)
Konrad Heuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I really like UFS, and maybe ZFS is wonderful, too; but a cluster
> filesystem has many charms in a large production environment: load
> distribution, redundancy in case of failures, ...

man ggated  - there have been a few threads on this over the last couple of
months, check the archives (-questions@ , -stable@, probably)

You can also check user space systems... gluster , which uses FUSE, comes to
mind right now.

/me wonders... Does hadoop work on FBSD?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."
   Mahatma Mohandis K. Gandhi

Warned.