Hi all,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 release on a box at home.

When I boot up with the installation DVD these error messages appear on
the screen.
[Written down by hand:]

ad1: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=84<ICRC,ABORTED> LBA=0055347
ad0: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=84<ICRC,ABORTED> LBA=0
etc
etc

FreeBSD sees these hard disks during boot up:

ad0: 78533MB <Hitachi HDS728080PLAT20 PF20A21B> at ata0-master UDMA133
ad1: 32253MB <Samsung SP2014N VC100-33> at ata0-slave UDMA100 [This is
wrong, the disk have a capacity of about 185 GB]

So, when I go on with the installation program and try to write to disk
the new slices and labels in fdisk I get an error message saying
something like "not able to write to the disk".

I don't think there is something wrong with my hardware, because I just
have recently installed both Windows XP and Slackware Linux on the same
box, without any problems.

Does anybody have any idea to fix these problems?

regards,

Snorre D. Øverbø