Hello you all,
This is my first posting here so please be patient :)
I've updated my source tree and by accident, I have the 5.0 release. That wasn't my intention : I wanted to stay on 4.7 release but I made a mistake in my cvsup file. Sure enough, while reading the GENERIC kernel, some lines were quite different from the normal 4.7 release but I guessed that it was new options with the coming 4.8 release. The make world and make buildkernel went ok but when I've installed the kernel, I received this message :

You must set up a /boot/device.hints file first

I've looked up the docs, located de device.hints man page. But while I found an explanation, I haven't found anything about building it, and it seem to me a daunting task to make a correct device.hints file. My question is this : how do I make this file ? Is this only a matter of copying the file GENERIC.hints to /boot/device.hints ? Should I go back to the 4.7 release ? How ?

Any "hints" are appreciated
Marc LeMaire