I'm frequently having to modify/convert email addresses from one format/domain to another.

Usually, I slap together a quick Perl script to do this for me. I don't do it frequently enough to keep track which one of my scripts does this for me, so I'm continuously re-inventing the wheel.

Some of the time, I use sed/awk to do this, but that usually requires a few passes over a few files.

To put it plainly, can anyone, if it's possible, provide a single line sed/awk pipeline that can:

- read email addresses from a file in the format:

user.name TAB domain.tld

- convert it to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- write it back to either a new file, the original file, or to STDOUT

Regards,

Steve