On Sun, 31 Aug 2008, tethys ocean wrote:

In server jail and squid is running on it as lots of another packet. i want to extract iso image in this server. But i havent do it.

You are correct that direct manipulation of md(4) devices is not allowed in jail. However, you may be running on a version FreeBSD in which tar(1) can be used to extract iso files, which is quite a bit more convenient for many uses.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge

#mdconfig -a -t vnode -f big_bcbcv.iso
#mdconfig: open(/dev/mdctl): No such file or directory

#ls -l /dev/md*
#ls -ls /dev/mdctl
ls: /dev/mdctl: No such file or directory

i am not familiar with jail.  only i can extract my iso file. İ suppose that
jail stop me, jail blocking me for access some source

is it true?

1-how can extract this iso file
2-is jail stop me?  or any other trouble about my mdctl?

regard
--
Share now a pigeon's flight
Bluebound along the ancient skies,