At 06:52 PM 9/1/2008, Tom Marchand wrote:
Hi,

I've got an issue where hosts defined in my /etc/hosts are not being
resolved.  I've looked at resolv.conf, host.conf and nsswitch.conf and
everything looks ok.  It's my understanding that with the below
configurations, /etc/hosts should be used first then DNS.  Correct?
This is a 6.1 system.

host# cat resolv.conf
local   domain
nameserver      x.x.x.x

cat host.conf
# Auto-generated from nsswitch.conf, do not edit
hosts
dns

host# cat nsswitch.conf
group: compat
group_compat: nis
hosts: files dns
networks: files
passwd: compat
passwd_compat: nis
shells: files

Check your /etc/rc.conf and look that the correct IP and hostname are set in there. You may have a typo.

        -Derek

believed to be clean.