----- Mensaje original ----

De: Andreas Davour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Enviado: domingo, 7 de septiembre, 2008 2:23:50
Asunto: Journaling filesystem support in FreeBSD

I know about soft updates and background fsck, but while they make the
system available quickly they also generate quite a lot of I/O activity
a short while after the system have booted and when I want to log in and
start all my stuff, I/O intensive as well.

The support for NTFS seems to be limited to reading still and the other
filesystem support i have on my system (6.2) don't seem to show much of
an alternative if you want a journaling filesystem, which are supposed
to limit the need for fsck.

So, what are the alternatives? Can I run xfs on FreeBSD? Is it zfs on 7
that I need? I have tried tfm and google and not found anything useful.

/Andreas