On Monday 08 September 2008 03:38:05 Sahil Tandon wrote:
> David Southwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Could anyone tell me what entry I should make in postfix
> > configuration files to bounce mails directed to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > that emanate from a source outside my local network.
>
> After permitting your networks in the smtpd_recipient_restrictions, use
> check_recipient_access to REJECT any messages with an RCPT TO
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#check_recipient_access
> http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

Thanks very much..

I seem to be struggling getting with the postfix command structure.

If you have the time would you be kind enough to give me specific examples of
the actual entries to be made in the appropriate files. In case it is
relevant my server has a  number of virtual domains but the problem I am
getting is on the primary address for the mail server. Assume the email
address in question is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] which appears to be subjected to problems and I want to
permit only addresses on the local network to send emails to that address.

Thanks in advance

No problem if you are too busy

David