mohd hilmi mohd salleh wrote:
I try to build and install custom kernel.However when i write this command,

 make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

I got this error:

ERROR:Missing kernel configuration file(s) (MYKERNEL)
****Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src
****Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src

Can somebody help me!

Thanks,
-Hilmi

Let me guess, you have been reading the Handbook and taken the instructions *too* literally ;)

MYKERNEL is your kernel configuration file, and you should create it yourself by hand, before running the command. You can start with a copy of GENERIC. Better to keep it in your own folder rather than /usr/src/sys/i386/conf. (I assume you use the i386 version)

Example (as root):

cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
cp GENERIC   /root/MYKERNEL
ln -s /root/MYKERNEL   .

Now edit /root/MYKERNEL and make any changes you wish. Then run your make command. (Note: Typically, you will name it after the machine's hostname rather than MYKERNEL)