David Southwell:
In yesterday's world anyone could send a physical letter to any address anywhere in the world. I get spam letters through the letter box it is up to me to chuck them in the bin. Why should the internet be different especially when the restrictions on fixed IPs are brought about soleley for commercial interests.

Because of sheer volume... in yesterday's world one was not able to send thousands of letters in a few seconds for free...or by using services one has not paid for...

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.LCWords.com