Hi Martin,

You want to install multiple sites on one server or multiple servers?

If the former, there is a solution for you at:

   http://drupal.org/getting-started/6/install/multi-site

I have yet to try this, but will likely give it a shot some day...

If the latter, are your other systems FreeBSD? If so, (and forgive me if I'm
telling you something you already know) you simply need to run
portupgrade/portaudit on those systems. If, for example, it's some Linux
distrobution, see if it has a package management software that will handle
installing and upgrading Drupal.

In all cases, portupgrade will not do everything for you. You still may have to
run update.php sometimes if a particular update needs to have databases changes.

Genuinely hope this helps! :)

Gavin Spomer
Systems Programmer
Brooks Library
Central Washington University

>>> FreeBSD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 09/16/08 10:31 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

I've been asked by a customer to install Drupal on one server to manage
a new site. No problem yet. But, he also asked if it would be possible
to install it for other sites.

I know that there is a warning if you want to install a port that is
already installed, but is there a way to bypass this? I know I could
install it from the tarball from the website, but I want to be able to
use portupgrade and portaudit to deal with it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time,

Martin