> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Giorgos
Keramidas
> Sent: Thursday, 18 September 2008 1:49 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: How to split a C string by a string?
>
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:32:56 -0700 (PDT), Unga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- On Wed, 9/17/08, Giorgos Keramidas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >> From: Giorgos Keramidas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> Subject: Re: How to split a C string by a string?
> >> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> >> Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 6:17 PM On Wed, 17 Sep 2008

> >> You can use strstr() to look for the "xxx" delimited and split that

> >> that point: [snip sample code]>
>
> > Thank you very much for the reply. That is, there is no existing
split
> > function. So I got to write to my own :)
>
> Yes, you have to roll our own.  The standard C library doesn't have
> string splitting functions with a string as delimiter.  It includes
strtok(),
> strspn() and strcspn(), but these work with character sets as
delimiters, not strings...

Hi,

the attached code does string splitting and insertion

it looks for a specific string, copies from start up to that
point to a workspace, inserts the new text, then appends
the remainder, starting AFTER the search string fragment.

with a bit of work you could make it do your string splitting....

Murray Taylor
Bytecraft Systems
Special Projects Engineer

P: +61 3 8710 0600
D: +61 3 9238 4275
F: +61 3 9238 4140

--
 |_|0|_|        "Absence of evidence
 |_|_|0|        is not evidence of absence"
 |0|0|0|        Carl Sagan

The information transmitted in this e-mail is for the exclusive
use of the intended addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission,
dissemination or other use of it, or the taking of any action
in reliance upon this information by persons and/or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please inform the sender and/or
addressee immediately and delete the material.

E-mails may not be secure, may contain computer viruses and
may be corrupted in transmission. Please carefully check this
e-mail (and any attachment) accordingly. No warranties are
given and no liability is accepted for any loss or damage
caused by such matters.