I googled a bit this morning and, except for some old (Freebsd 4.x) posts, I didn'r see anything terribly relevant, but does FreeBSD run on any Silicon Graphics hardware? I've heard that (maybe) an Ubuntu distro _might_ run if the hardware was booted/configged with the Irix Foundations disks. The Information Systems department where I work is aswim in some SGI hardware that they'd like to relocate and reclaim the space, so I'm looking for alternatives to repurpose the hardware. Since I know FreeBSD better than any flavor of Linux, I'm looking for a BSD solution, first.

I don't, yet, have the Foundations Irix disks, so I'm looking for any alternative I can find.

Thanks

Tim