2008/9/18 Ivan Voras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> 2008/9/18 Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>>> # Don't build modules with this kernel config, since they are not built
>>> with
>>> # the correct options headers.
>>> makeoptions     NO_MODULES=yes
>>> """
>>>
>>> wrong?
>>
>> Not as such, but if you use buildkernel then modules *are* built with the
>> correct options headers.  There's nothing fundamental preventing PAE modules
>> from working, and indeed they do.
>
> It would have been really useful in one occasion if I knew it before :)
> I'll test it.

Hi,

As described in the documentation and the config file, I cannot build
kernel modules with PAE configured - I get a compile error at type
mismatch of a VM item. Is there something special that needs to be
done to get them built?

What I did: removed NO_MODULES from PAE config file and used make
buildkernel KERNCONF=PAE .