I have FreeBSD-70 machine and Linux Gentoo machines side by side (within 10 feet). Gentoo Linux (with old AirLink101) connects to a particular encrypted WEP network without any problems all the time. FreeBSD (with ral0 device and native driver) connection is very unstable, keeps disappearing, though network card shows signal level as -90:-95. dhclient fails to set up the card, often dhclient succeeds but all name lookups fails. When internet connection is established all TCP connections get dropped after 10-20 minutes or less.

I feel like I hit some bug in FreeBSD WiFi networking support.

Anyone has similar experience?
Yuri

FreeBSD xxx.xxx.xxx 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #0: Sat Sep 27 15:23:29 PDT 2008 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386